Exploring connections among nature, biodiversity, ecosystem services, and human health and well-being: Opportunities to enhance health and biodiversity conservation. Paul A. Sandifer, Ariana E. Sutton-Grier, Bethney P. Ward. Ecosystem Services. Volume 12, April 2015, Pages 1–15. webpage
• Evidence links biodiversity to ecosystem services (ES) and health to nature exposure.
• A few novel studies link biodiversity exposure to improved health and well-being.
• We provide a comprehensive summary of health effects of ES, nature and biodiversity.
• Future research should address causation of health benefits and action mechanisms.
• New multidisciplinary collaborations are needed to enhance health and conservation.